Injured from a dog bite?
We’ll fight for you!
Dog owners are responsible for the harm caused by a dog bite, no matter how carefully they guard or restrain their dogs. In California, under the strict liability dog bite statute, the owner of a dog is liable for the damages suffered by any person who is bitten by the dog while in a public place or lawfully in a private place, regardless of whether the dog has been vicious in the past.
What Should I Do After A Dog Bite Attack?
- Call 911
- Immediately seek medical treatment as you may need vaccinations
- Report the incident to the owner and local animal control
- Take pictures of all injuries and damage caused by the bite
- Obtain the dog owner’s information and their homeowners or renters insurance policy.
What Are Some Common Dog Bite Injuries?
Victims of dog bites often require serious medical attention. Common injuries include:
- Ligament, muscle, or tendon tears and damage
- Nerve damage
- Eye damage
- Psychological trauma
The Accident Guys can immediately get you to a local medical professional, even if you do not have health insurance. Our firm can even arrange to have your medical expenses paid once your case gets resolved so you do not have to worry about any out-of-pocket costs or deductibles.
What Type of Compensation Are Dog Bite Victims Entitled To?
An experienced dog bite attorney can help maximize both the compensation and medical treatment a dog bite victim can receive for their injuries. This compensation includes:
- The cost of medical treatment, both past and future
- Lost income, both past and future
- Pain and suffering, both past and future
- Emotional distress, both past and future
- Loss of Consortium
If you or a loved one was injured by a dog bite, The Accident Guys can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our consultations are free and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case. We are available 24/7 for a free consultation with an attorney.
Get free, no obligation legal help now. We may be able to get you compensation and medical treatment for your injuries.