Hurt in a rear end accident?
We’ll fight for you!
Were you involved in a rear ended accident? The Accident Guys will come to you – at home, hospital, work or another convenient location.
Rear-end collisions are some of the most common types of injury car accidents in California. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, rear-end collisions are accountable for more than one-third of serious injury collisions. These incidents are also the most complicated since it can be hard to determine who is liable for damages.
Can I be at fault for a rear-end collision?
Have you ever been involved in a serious rear-end accident in California? On most occasions, the driver who rear-ended the other car is liable for the accident. Even though this may be the case, there are exceptions to these regulations. In the state of California, negligence and at-fault claims can be determined by:
- Violation of speeding laws, which states no person shall drive at another speed other than that which is reasonable or prudent according to the weather and road conditions
- Violation of California vehicle codes 22350 and 21703, which states the driver shall not follow a distance that is neither prudent nor reasonable
- Breaking suddenly without a cause
- Negligently changing lanes
- Failure to maintain car breaks or working lights
The California Vehicle Code (CVC) states:
22350 VC: prohibits drivers from entering a freeway at a speed higher than is reasonable or prudent due to weather, visibility, or the traffic.
21703 VC: Forbids the driver of a motor vehicle from following “another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent.”
If you were put at fault for a rear-end accident, you might still be entitled to compensation for your injuries, get in touch with The Accident Guys today.
Penalties for following too close to a vehicle in California:
- A fine of $238
- One point assessed the driver’s DMV driving record.
- It may also count as a misdemeanor.
If you or your loved one has been charged with a violation of VC 22350 or VC 21703 or has been injured in a rear-end accident in California, we are here to help you get the best legal consultation. Call your local personal injury attorney- The Accident Guys, for a free consultation – no charge until we win your case, guaranteed.
“All of my medical bills were paid, car paid off, and I received a substantial settlement.”
– Marcus B.
Get free, no obligation legal help now. We may be able to get you compensation and medical treatment for your injuries.